View Single Post
Old 08-22-17, 09:03 AM   #5
Swordsman422
Watch

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

This becomes a major tactic of mine in the 1968 campaign if I get shot at first. I'll go to flank and rush the torpedo, maneuvering around it along the way and leaving a knuckle behind to keep it confused. The torpedoes react predictably to countermeasures, and I am able to use that to my advantage. I'll race right at the launching submarine at flank, then turn behind him and put my screws to his. He'll normally eat at least one of his own torpedoes, possibly two. That might take care of his salvo. 1.07 beta the torpedoes will occasionally home in on wrecks (maybe in spite of "sunk" status the possibility of air pockets still exists) and sometimes they'll track in on a sunken kill. If there is another enemy sub lurking nearby, I'll make the same maneuvers and he'll get killed as well. If not, I can usually evade until they run out. I just have to watch out for the self destruct at end-of-run. But like I said, the torpedoes react predictably to countermeasures and evasions, turning off ~30 degrees before circling back in. I can take advantage of that and keep them at bay. If I'm really lucky, I can duck around some ice and get the torpedo to strike the iceberg. I'll leave the encounter with my load intact and a bunch of dead subs in my wake.
Swordsman422 is offline   Reply With Quote