View Single Post
Old 08-04-17, 03:16 PM   #5
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by origl_main_raptor2 View Post
**If you look in "Weapons.txt" you'll see that just about all of various weapons will have a Datapoint and value for warhead size in (I assume pounds). Has anybody tried increasing that size, say on a MK48 to say somewhere around 22500 (about the size of 1/10th of a KT)?
Yep been tried. That only has to do with how much damage is dealt to what you hit, no blast radius. DCs have blast radius but right now its not possible to get them to drop properly from a missile (thinking SUBROC) because the DC works off of launch values (detonation depth) that must be set by the launching platform (in this case some kind of aircraft like a Bear or even a Ka-25) which the missile is incapable of doing. Other than that, you could probably come up with some type of contact only charge but, you're looking and needle-in-haystack odds of actually hitting anything.

All that said, right now I believe it would be possible to make a Soviet equivalent to a Lulu nuclear depth charge but, I don't see what this would add to the game at this point as you'd just end up getting fried with little or no warning.