View Single Post
Old 07-02-17, 06:29 PM   #1
Hawk777
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Help a CW Noob?

Hey all

I am really enjoying Cold Waters havent played a Subsim since SH3 and just getting my feet wet again with this game.

That being said I have some questions. I am more of an airplane nut but love subs but don't understand a few dynamics about them and in the game.

One screen I don't understand is the SNS Comp and Own Ship? I seem to keep getting found when running silent very slow along ways away and dont understand how to interpret what this screen is telling me? I am guessing MF Active is their active sonar vs passive is passive? But what do the numbers mean? If they are negative am I silent to them or what?

I guess I seem to get out run by the surface ships and if I am going fast to try and stay in baffles get discovered then I go slow and they find me or go fast and get found quicker.

Had another question about cavitation if I do it for a split second is it like a bomb going off and dead give away or only if they are close? I try to never do it but am unsure how much of a give away it is. I try to never do it but sometimes to get to a position you need to haul and make some noise.

Thanks for any help!
Hawk777 is offline   Reply With Quote