View Single Post
Old 06-27-17, 06:50 PM   #34
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipkiller1 View Post
Look, I am just telling you reality. Polmar was a researcher and journalist and never had to do this.

Personally, I do not think the weapon reload times need to be changed. I don't find that a short (with respect to reality) reload time a big deal.
They keep the balance and flow of what you are trying to do high.

If you increase the reload times too much, then the non-hardcore sub-sim gamer will not find the game fun and not recommend it to their friends.. and that is the end game here.

You could put the variable in one of the config files so the hard core guys can change it.

I am a realism nut, but I find the game highly entertaining, and I have recommended it to the guys in the office. We are all retired submarine Fire Control Chiefs (E7's and E8's). We are the tech reps and engineers that have to fly to where ever to fix the boat when it is broke, which means we spend a lot of time overseas. Scotland is my favorite place to go....
I am a realism nut as well to a degree, but yes, the game has to be enjoyable. This is entertainment software after all. We originally had a 1:30 reload time but I always felt this was a bit on the tedious side, so we brought it down to be faster. We never factored in you can reload two tubes at a time though, which means it took the Germans and Soviets about 3:30 to reload one of their bow tubes.

The reload times are in the vessel data files under the weapon systems block. Players can simply edit this value to what they think works best.
For some reason rate of fire is never given for submarines while it is for surface ships.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote