View Single Post
Old 06-25-17, 11:12 AM   #101
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299
Uploads: 0

1. The eye candy is pretty good (the damage models could be better and the explosions could look better as well.)

2. I like the 'news articles'. They add a very global sense to the game.

Dislikes
1. I don't like the lack of a clickable navigation gui/hud.

2. Only being able to navigate in combat by keyboard based rudder/plane/ballast/engine controls rather than being able to 'set depth'.

3. The lack of a crew voice acknowledging commands

4. The lack of any sort of notification that your taking damage. I can't tell you how many times I've turned on time compression to get closer to a vessel before I fire, stopped time compression to fire only
to discover that my hull is now at 57%. I Should be notified when I take damage. It should not be able to go unnoticed.

5. The lack of clearly defined targets or patrol zones when in the tactical map. I leave port and have to pause the game to try to figure out where my patrol area is and many times I end up engaging the wrong target. I'm sorry I'm not an expert in European World Geography. Please draw me a little red/blue circle or some sort of icon telling me where on the tactical map I need to go.

6. The default tactical map controls are reversed from what are listed in the manual. Left mouse is fast, right mouse is patrol.

7. That there is only 1 level of time compression and I don't know how fast that one is.

8. The inability to save during combat. Please, some of these combat missions take a few hours. I have real life concerns, job, etc. and can't afford to spend an unknown amount of time finishing a battle. I need to be able to manually save in the midst of combat and come back to it later.

9. The tactical map and combat feel very disjointed. In the Silent Hunter series it always feels like I am in the boat. even when I'm cruising on the navigation map (tactical map) I still feel like I am on the boat. Largely because I can go to other views at will. With this, it feels like I am 'scenario hunting' from the tactical map and only on the boat in combat.

Last edited by Able72; 06-25-17 at 01:35 PM.