View Single Post
Old 06-21-17, 11:15 AM   #4
xXNightEagleXx
Planesman

Downloads: 148
Uploads: 0

The guided torpedoes are just too slow and i use them only when i'm already detected and they move in my direction (if the get too close and i fire 2-4 then they might get themselves in a situation where they cannot dodge all of them).

For me the point is the MK 16 that is fast enough to surprise them but you have to get close to them otherwise they will hear that fish.

I don't try neither to approach them completely from behind (hard to hit them with a unguided torpedo) neither to sit in their path and wait for them there (ala o'kane approach because they will hear me and i don't have enough time to prepare it), i try for a mixed approach.

In the video you can see that i'm keeping my profile exposure reduced by staying close to the bottom and not having Moskva more than 30 degree of bearing but still trying to intercept (so moving ahead).
You can see that Moskva has the best detection among the three ship and as long you keep the others in a situation where they will not get too much in advantage, your problem will be only Moskva.

In a fewer words, I kept profile reduced to control active detection (by playing with bearing and depth) and speed to control passive detection.

BTW i could have gone a little faster but that would result in me finding my self in front of Kashin ship, with awful results, and losing the contact easily

Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 06-21-17 at 12:03 PM.
xXNightEagleXx is offline   Reply With Quote