View Single Post
Old 06-09-17, 12:23 AM   #8009
Nemesis Bosseret
Mate

Downloads: 88
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
I forget if it shows the name of the ship selected in the manual in XO dialog as the mast height or not in TWoS. That's how little I pay attention to it. You may want to turn on the marked ship marker icon to confirm you've marked the ship you intend. It's in the extra menu just left of the digital clock, second button from the left. Use the circle to unhide it if it's hidden.

In any case when you open the ranging part of the XO dialog you should see the mast height from the manual fill in the number at the bottom (which you can also manually change) when you click the clickable text to send mast height to TDC.

Normally you mark a ship and when you mouse over the text in manual the text will turn black (otherwise will be gray and have Disabled tooltip). If the waves are high often the marking times out because you break line of sight with the ship for too long as the water sweeps over the periscope. Also it happens that sometimes a ship is clearly visible but it doesn't want to be marked in a buggy kind of way.

Unfortunately you can use the stadimeter without a ship being marked. I wish it could be used all the time with a manually-entered height so you can range off lighthouses or trees or imaginary things at sea for practice.
Its all good. Ive played TWoS before. Long long ago. I just remember having that secondary option and the id book was an extra. Kinda nifty like a janes manual while ur at sea.... Not sure if any of you got prior sub service like me.. Lol but that book is an awsome informative time killer(janes ships) its like a thousand dollar book tho
Nemesis Bosseret is offline   Reply With Quote