View Single Post
Old 06-01-17, 02:22 PM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
s7rikeback and I were talking about screen resolution just yesterday, but only from a screen capture POV, in that you get above a certain screen size, and the game can't do it, probably due to file size would be my guess. I doubt if it'd be complicit in a CTD. What resolution are you running? What video card are you using?

Read CapnScurvy's LAA write-up though, and check if it "took" on your SH4 file. If you used one, it most likely did take, unless the SH4.exe file was write-protected. If you've got a newer computer and Win7 or above, the version the Captain uses is the newest. The older LAA apps don't have a good way to confirm functionality, and you have to re-open the program and look at the target file. If it didn't take, that would explain the CTDs that you get at a seemingly high rate. Beyond that, it's a bit strange getting CTDs that often, in my opinion.

I installed LAA again, and did not get CTD on same task force, date and time on next try.Was able to make contact, engage, sink a Yamato, and get away. Ran into plenty of planes in Philippine Sea during battle.No CTD. I alos changed my screen resolution to 1920x180 iin the game to matchwhat monitor is set to. Maybe luck, or issue could be fixed, we shall see on next patrol.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote