View Single Post
Old 03-04-17, 03:15 PM   #44
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Is the reasoning behind the "On station" autoscripts to make sure your Hydrophone guy doesn't miss contacts? I used to do my own hydrochecks (like SH3 when you could hear contacts the AI couldn't), but I don't do that anymore.

I guess what I'm saying/asking is: Is there a need to go to the Hydrophone station? The guy never stops scanning (unless "follow nearest sound contact" is clicked. So as soon as you are below 15 Meters, the sound guy should start calling out new contacts. Obviously going to "all stop" and getting below 30 meters (and baffles check) increases your chances of the guy hearing a contact.

I think there is a difference in how the hydrophone works in SH5 verse SH3. In SH3...I was rewarded for doing my own sound checks. I'd be able to pick up very faint (long distance) ships that the AI guy couldn't detect and if I wasn't very careful and listening very closely I too would miss the sound contact. In SH5 at the very least, if ANY sound was audible, a "unknown" description would automatically pop up...thus killing the need for me to do it myself. Is this true? or are there sounds I'm missing? I liked the way SH3 did that...but in the end it was very time consuming and my Wife would look at me weird when I turned the volume WAY up to try and pick out those contacts.

So my point being.....why do "on station" checks at all if sound guy gets it all in the first place?

Are there any "pattern" searches that I'm missing from Husks? I only find the Trevally pattern searches...which seem to use too much fuel for my liking.

Lastly...after looking at the commands... is there a need to use command Hydrophone_normal_sweep,0,0,0,0,0,0,30....given that the sound guy is always doing sweeps? I can only see this being a problem if you assign the guy to follow nearest contact and doesn't go back to Normal sweep.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote