View Single Post
Old 02-22-17, 07:34 PM   #7229
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3227
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoder View Post
I would look at it as a stamp of trust, that if the script reports "in good order" you know that the test objective it created live at the beginning of the session has been successfully marked complete by the SH5 campaign and that the campaign advance system (possibly even the tonnage bar/tonnage based missions if they were to be tested again for certain missions) would be predictable.

However, if the script reports "problem detected", the test objective either failed to create or failed to be marked complete. Both are possible, given that I've seen the campaign load fail in those ways, and IMO, the behaviour of that campaign session is unpredictable.

This is all assuming that testing concludes that my detection methods are correct (they may or may not be), and that I removed remaining bugs from the script (I may or may not have!). All things considered though, the detection is a useful indicator which, given a lack of a root cause fix to the SH5/OSI communication pipe, may be the only alternative available now.

DbgView log with filter set to to the process id's of osi.exe and sh5.exe always reveals the reason for the "problem detected" test result.

Now I´m testing Coastal Waters to Happy Times, ever with the CW campaign test by Vecko. I save and reload seven times the game in bunker, first display when game loads (not on boat), until I obtained in the bunker a possitive message. The previous six messages were all negatives. This means should we load and save the game until we have a possitive message for have some security - or all the security - for a succesful transfer? In previuos test I had negative messages and the transfers were successful.
Using Update 5i.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote