View Single Post
Old 02-16-17, 09:15 PM   #1
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default How can I clone a DVD

Rest assured this isn't about illegally making a copy of a game disc. I'm wanting to re-install SH4 + UBM but for some reason the drive on my desktop is unable to read the SH4 DVD, although the UBM DVD read fine. I've also popped the SH4 DVD into a laptop and that read the disc fine. So somehow it's this particular DVD on this particular drive that is not compatible.
I will try cleaning the DVD as some have suggested, but I'm exploring other means of getting my game installed without having to buy a new copy.

Link to my thread in SH4 forums: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229748

If cleaning the DVD doesn't work, I'm wondering if there's a way of cloning the DVD which I could then use to install. I'm not sure if the laptop has a write function, so would it be possible to:

(a) Transfer the contents of the SH4 DVD to say a thumbdrive using the laptop;
(b) Use the thumbdrive to install the game; or alternatively use the thumbdrive to burn a new SH4 installation DVD.

Thanks for any help. Other suggestions to get me back on my sub and sailing the Pacific again are also welcome.

Last edited by Zero Niner; 02-16-17 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Clarity
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote