View Single Post
Old 01-31-17, 08:05 PM   #1996
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Was doing mostly non-3d modeling recently, hence little updating to the model... but here's actual decking for the submarine - not "painted on" fake grooves made with the tga or dds texture.

Plus, screens from the prize warfare system....I always knew this could be done in theory with SH3/4's particle system; with a little tweaking I got these screens to work! Now you can approach ships and sink them (or spare them) based on what is carried. It is also useful for random encounters that may earn the player points:

-Find an enemy codebook on a derelict merchant
-Rescue a friendly sailor from his wrecked ship
-Pick up an enemy Merchant Captain, Sailor, etc and earn renown based on the captive's value.

Not exactly rocket science to figure out which ship to sink (do you guys feel it's self explanatory enough)? I think it's not bad...don't want to get into the intricacies of different levels of contraband at different stages in the war; I am going for a good balance here.

I have 30 trade goods that can be mixed and matched (via the particle system) to make up many different merchant/tanker/bulker cargoes, for random encounters. These will be distributed on the campaign's trade routes in game.

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote