View Single Post
Old 01-27-17, 10:35 AM   #7
Mr Elusive
Swabbie

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Support Practice makes perfect.

Quote:
Knowing you are asked to sink 4 ships total, with the performance I currently have, it seems quite obvious I wouldn't be able to complete that tutorial.
Volsem,

The problem with the torpedo tutorial is that you've got the one stationary target, plus another four moving targets all around you, fanning-out in completely opposite directions. It takes forever because you have to spend so much time catching up to them, then getting into position to intercept.

What I did was focus on just one target at a time. The best way to catch up with the other boats is just move while surfaced at flank speed and use time compression to speed things along. The targets are all marked as neutral, so I believe they only zig-zag when they see an incoming torpedo.

Then again, like THEBERBSTER said previously, the naval academy tutorials are not compulsory. Some players like to load up the campaign and just dive right in (pardon the pun). Whether you do the tutorials or not, practice makes perfect. The more you play, the more you learn = the better you get.

Try searching for videos on YouTube. I learned quite a lot by watching Tailmange and EffingController. I also made notes on how to do certain things, like plotting the perfect intercept course based on a map contact etc. Print them off (or write them on paper) and keep them on your desk, so you can just pause the game and read up for a quick reference.

Hope this helps