View Single Post
Old 01-12-17, 11:59 AM   #21
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Get an original W7 and SP1, and then leave it to that. SP1 I found on the web, but that is 18 months ago, I do not know how easy or difficult it is to find patch archives these days anymore.

Do not run Windows uopdates ever, not a single timwe, it will shovel all that bad stuff uo to the very present onto your HD. All the bad stuff you do not want.

And I repeat my warning, just not to be misunderstood: such an outdated Windows will have huge security holes that should prevent it from being used for sensitive, or ordinary, or money-related work or surfing, browsing, emailing, shopping. I always understood this W/-SP1 to be just a game-launching platform, not more. So again: there is a certain risk involved. Minbimise it by not using this W7+SP1 fpor anything else than just firing up your games.

Which means you need a second basis/OS for all the other things: surfing, emailing, etc etc. Or you use W7 without internet connection only.

I do not recommend to use W7 non-updated all alone for anything. That means asking for trouble sooner or later.

P.S. Also be careeful where oyu buy your W7. There are many non-valid installation codes out there being offered. Sorry, no advise how to differ the good from the bad apples. W7 has become difficult these days, I'm sorry to say.