Old 12-19-16, 06:09 AM   #6554
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrshrek View Post
I tried now for 3 days getting this to work, all is good exept:

1. despite all help in forum torps cant be shot AT targets, only hvy misses all around. i managed to hit a freighter from 600 metres point blank straight ahead but the other 3 torps missed by some metres. autotargeting with XO off, modded WoS as per instrouction so i can turn it off but it doesnt matter really, torps never go even close to where i want them to
There is also a button on right side to turn on/off manual input. it is located in the middle top area of dials on right side. If manual input is enables auto-target will not work even with XO TDC turned off.
Quote:
2. deck gun is destroyed with this mod, it cant shoot automatic, so i have to man it and fire it point blank. Since it is impossible to aim due to waves along the gunsight is removed (seriously?!), i must be within 100 metres and even then i must wait for the right wave nanosecond to shoot.
Did you even try to shadow the ship/convoy until weather cleared? It may take days for foul weather to pass and clear up.
Quote:
So my tip for anybody who wants to install this, be forewarned! You need atleast advanced knowledge of computer modding, atleast 5-10 hrs to get it work, and most recommended an exam in submarine navigation and calculation
The Silent Hunter series are MOD enhanced game/simulations. Some MOD knowledge is expected, at least the understanding to enable/disable MOD's using JSGME.
RTFM, it always helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidartarra View Post
The mod make the gameplay harder for sure but I've had no issues with the deck gun. There is an icon on the top left of your screen for sights btw.

As for the install, it's trickier with the Steam version for sure but quite doable. It took me less than an hour to get it in working order.

Navigation is way harder too especially since you can't plot a route and have the sub follow it automatically. That's maybe then only feature I miss from the stock game.
I agree with you here. I am the Skipper not the Navigator. It was cool at first but gets old pretty fast.
Using Generic Patcher you can disable Real Navigation so you can Plot a course. Maybe Vecko can help you out here. Maybe a Snapshot without Real Navigation...

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote