View Single Post
Old 12-09-16, 11:05 AM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

A ~LOT~ of the shtinking fones are like that... I just got a new what-I-thought-was-simple-fone phone... not. It's Android. I've got an Android tablet. It makes sense sometimes. This fone thing does not. My old fone is a 2g and the local carrier is discontinuing service for it, so I'm trying to get my contacts from it into the new fone. FAIL!!! The old fone is older than NCIS Gibb's first fone. It's a Motorola Razer v3c or whatever... I've got the old MotoFone Tools, so I can get my contacts onto the computer and into Outlook Express, which can export either CSV or WAB. I've done both. The new fone, can't connect via USB for anything other than mp3 files. Say whuh? Oh, if it had wifi, I could use that, but it doesn't. Bluetooth? HAH! both fones want to be "Boss", and the Motorola does not have an export for the Contacts, and the new POS doesn't have an import for Contacts... Wow! "Modern" technology... and here, I though ~I~ was confused...

I feel your pain, in other words, there bertieck476. Have you searched on the Nokia site for help? I don't know if I'd bother with a pdf "Owner's Manual". Those basically just run through the menu and don't tell you a thing about how to actually do something with the device. My 17 y.o. son has a Windows fone too, and despises it... Good Luck with it. Hope you get your data in a usable form somehow.

Whelp, I'm off to RR's Ubuntu thread now...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote