View Single Post
Old 12-01-16, 10:03 AM   #220
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Into my third day of a month-long campout in my own house!-The plastic sheeting seals off the gutted kitchen and the garage is a workshop. Since it's wide open for the carpenters, plumber electico's etc, I 'm tethered to the premises most of the days -so my employer's a little peeved but understands: 'good security begins at home'. One bedroom is a pantry and the hall bath is the dishwash. The poor cats are going nuts and hiding in the rear rooms away from the tumult and demolition noise. Seems we have to retain the original (60+)vinyl floor remnants under my 25 year old floor-tile job -ruined by two earthquakes- as it appears to be of an older type that contains asbestos and would create disposal issues with the permit process to remove. The city just approved the permit yesterday! On the nature of ageing: where once I installed kitchens....now I just write the checks AHHH the American dream of home ownwership I tell ya!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote