View Single Post
Old 10-23-16, 01:30 PM   #12
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I'm reading all this with renewed interest after an enforced (and massively protracted) Windows 10 update yesterday left me with a computer almost crippled: everything's loading very slowly now.

I do get all that stuff about prioritising Linux using the partitions, too... I had been beginning to consider partitioning my PC with a reinstalled Windows 8, only that would probably only be buying me some time before an inevitable compulsory upgrade.

Now I'm more and more interested in Linux or Ubuntu. BUT... if I start running my website on one of these platforms, will it affect communication with customers who are using Windows? Dumb question, maybe, but as I told CW the other day, I'm not a techno.
Another thing to keep in mind Eichhörnchen is that there are also 32 bit versions of Ubunto and Linux which makes it an ideal replacement for a single core computer that used Microsoft Windows XP or below. This 32 bit Linux distros are also fully supported, which windows XP isn't. The 32 bit systems have the advantage of being light on resources like memory. As you know, we are here to help or answer any questions that may come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Good place to jump in and say 'Thank You' for writing this Topic Mister.

In reading the tea leaves, and handwriting on the wall, Linux is the future for me once this Win 7 computer reaches its eol.
Windows 7 was very well received and many of our forum members like Windows 7 above the other offerings from Microsoft. The problem is, Microsoft is sneaking spyware / Malware into those older applications like Windows 7 as well.

As mentioned to Eichhörnchen, one can buy a single core Computer and install a 32 bit version of these systems to try them out while still using your Windows 7 or other systems. As mentioned, these systems are fully supported.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote