Old 10-21-16, 05:02 PM   #25
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
Howdy!

SH Real doesn't seem to work. I have three games, all in Port, yet it reads them as on patrol. Plus, when I load a boat all the tubes are listed as empty. I just reinstalled it and same thing. Guess it's a bogus add on.

festus
I'm guessing you are referring to the Torpedo Change Tool.

The functions that are available in the tool depend if you are in port or at sea and must be performed in the proper order because of the way Silent Hunter is programmed :

"But not all can be done a once, it depends on your patrol status (harbor or on patrol)."
Quote:
From Page 2 of Torpedo Change Tool manual:

Install information
The program Torpedochange1600.exe must be saved into the Save folder.
The Maru.dat (NewMaru database) must be saved into the Data folder.

This Tool lets you change data in the SH data files.

It’s fairly simple to use, just follow the numbers – press buttons and choose “things” by the number (start with 1 !).

You can change the following data :
The Patrol area.
The Submarine type and name.
The Salmon/Sargo submarine specifications. Warning see note on use !!
The Narwhal/Argonaut fix Warning see note on use !!
The S-boat fix Warning see note on use !!
The gun position (for or aft) – but only on fleet submarines.
The crew experience level.
The Fog setting.
The torpedo load (type of torpedoes, and distribution into tubes and racks)
You can reload fuel and ammo for the gun.
The departure date.
You can change the tonnage, length, beam and draft of the 9 Maru types.

But not all can be done a once, it depends on your patrol status (harbor or on patrol).

Before you start .

The program must be saved in the Save folder (directory) under the Silent Hunter folder. Just unzip the program and this manual into the Save folder. Now just run the program TorpedoChange.exe

When changing a “harbor” file =def a career file saved before you leave the harbor.
You can change departure date, sub, crew experience, gun position (but only on fleet type subs), and Salmon/Sargo specifications. The No Restrictions tab - removes the start and stop date restriction on the subs you can pick. Use it if your sub is not visible. NOTE the Argonaut (SS-166) the SS-159 are only visible if you replaced your Carsub.dat with the updated Carsub.dat file.

When changing an “on patrol” file = def a career file saved after you’ve left the harbor.
You can change torpedo types and number, and position the different torpedoes, refuel and reload ammo for the gun. Reset fog/haze.

Page 3:
The patrol area can be changed if you choose a harbor file AND if NO file is chosen. (but not if you choose a patrol file)

How to use the program:
Depending on whether you are at the beginning of a career or not, the program is used differently.
Torpedoes, fuel and ammo can only be changed at sea (using a patrol file), this is due to a technicality in the way Silent Hunter is programmed.

You can start up in 2 different ways.

1) Choose a patrol area then go to SH and start a career or
2) Create a career in SH and then go the TCT program and change the patrol area.
PLEASE, take 15 minutes and read the manual for this powerful multi-function tool. Used properly it can do a lot to improve your Silent Hunter I experience (more fun).

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote