View Single Post
Old 10-03-16, 09:53 AM   #2278
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Yes, expect the friendly AI to target you from time to time. There's a parameter for what percentage of an AirStrike will involve friendly fire.
Wow...

Quote:
The outside "Free Camera" is great to work with when you use the "Pause" key to stop the action. I've used it after firing a Deck Gun shell at a target. I'll pass by the shell in mid-flight, set myself on the target ships deck, then un pause the action. The shell sound of incoming fire is very realistic!

For planes, it helps to know where to look. Follow the plane to a position where you think you have its bearing on the Nav Map. Go to Free Camera then Pause the action. Look in the general area of the planes relative bearing to the sub. If the plane is not visible...try the Zoom feature. You may try to "move" into the general area of the plane to see if you can find it. Their small and hard to find but the closer the plane gets, the better the chance of finding it in mid-air.
I have not ever tried to pause the playback, and then move, and I don't know why... I'll have to try that. I have moved between a couple of battlewagons duking it out in the game, and it really is quite impressive hearing the shells whistle back and forth.

Quote:
I'm not sure if the Next/Previous Unit keys will show a plane......they will when its a ship.
It does not in this particular Single Mission that I did, and I don't recall it doing it in the Campaign files I've noodled around in and have gotten sunk by airplanes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Dear mates:

Testing Beta26, I have this "polygonal" hats in my officers:

I didn't have this effect in FOTRS 13 or FOTRS v2. Does some user have this graphic problem?...
I have not had that, but it definitely is ~very~ interesting... We'll have to figure out how you managed to get that... In addition to the chrome and rivet brim (hat), is that a blank scan line on the display, about halfway between the hat and the text box up top, or do you get that all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
... BTW, Iīm testing my own version of Poulīs sounds modified by me, sounds great in FOTRSU (better, for me, than the included in the supermod).
Do you want to package that up, do a ReadMe with credits for everybody, and release it as an FotRS Ultimate add-on mod? We'll be doing similar with Bleiente's version in a few weeks...

... and "Thank you" for helping out.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote