iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadtail View Post
86' Wood Drifter for the Otranto Barrage

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...zIwVUlsSzNnQVk
Thank you so much; I opened it and it is beautiful! It is also appropriate for the North Sea and Atlantic - I doubt that drifters out there would have looked much different.

I think I will also try enlarging it slightly as a small coastal tanker, or small ore ship. Just to add to merchant ship variety.

About turrets falling out - I will experiment with crash depth to see if I can make turrets blow off when a ship goes down. However, there is no way AFAIK to simulate turrets held in place by gravity falling out (like the Bismarck's four turrets did when she sank). The game does not seem to simulate gravity's effect on loose ship components (note how crates never slide on deck, etc).

To make really good battlecruiser explosions, you need high resolution explosion frames as source material. I have downloaded some publicly available movies from youtube, and I will use FRAPS to capture multiple high res frames of the explosions. I will then use them as replacement for the particles.dat, baza_fx, and materials.dat images. The big question now is, how big can I go with the tga files without crashing SH4. I suspect I can go pretty big....I have had 2048 x 2048 ship textures with no problems.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote