View Single Post
Old 09-12-16, 04:44 AM   #7
Dallsim
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBones View Post
I was Assistant Chief of Staff (N4) of Battle Group 'Foxtrot' Commander's staff (COMCRUDESGRU 3) in ENTERPRISE in '88 and on her "Around the World Cruise" with LONG BEACH (CGN-9) in '89-'90. We were there when filming for scenes in "The Hunt for Red October" was done in June '89.
Wow, impressive. I have only seen this film as a child and did not really understand what was happening. I am watching this film on Blu-ray later this week together with Das Boot. Any other submarine films I should be on the lookout for?

Quote:
I've got my own "videos" from each of those deployments, some 8mm films and quite a few hours of VHS tapes. I suppose I should dig them out and get them converted to DVD or something.
I suppose it will take a while to get those converted but those will certainly be total gems for outsiders like me!

Quote:
In my civilian career after retiring from active duty, I was VP of Engineering at Fairbanks Morse Engine and responsible for designing and building the Emergency Diesel Generators for the propulsion plant in FORD. I was sad to see the old ENTERPRISE decommissioned, but happy that the third ship in the FORD Class will be a new ENTERPRISE (CVN-80).
This is seriously impressive. So your legacy lives on and is transferred to the new Enterprise (CVN-80) through your design and building of the emergency diesel generator? Your family and the rest of America will continue to be proud of your excellent contributions and efforts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro
We don't laugh at airdale lovers
Sorry, but what are airdale lovers? I only know of the dog breed, haha.
Dallsim is offline   Reply With Quote