View Single Post
Old 09-05-16, 06:24 AM   #5729
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by giosam View Post
....I spend a half day to lookinng for a ship that my sonar guy heard and I realize that was a whale! I also found that in OH II dolphins and whales are mentioned as ships. This is ridiculus! I'm not a fishing boat I'm a submarine and I'm hunting ships not whales! I want to ask if there is a way to discharge from this bug, because I can't go to hydrophone for every single contact that my sonar guy hear. If there is not a way I will abandon the submarine and I will looking for more realistic games.
This is more a limitation than a bug. I don't think there is a way to make "environmental" contacts, or any other contact for that matter, to be reported in game other than as merchant/warship/submarine/aircraft/coastal defence (this is including also watch crew reports). So, the choice is about making marine life to be wrongly reported as ships, or not be reported at all. I think most modders (me included, as far as the whales are concerned) opted for the first option, because if the player had to rely exclusively on his own eyes and ears, he would hardly spot those animals.

Making the crew not to report them should be an easy tweak though

Last edited by gap; 09-05-16 at 03:57 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote