View Single Post
Old 08-30-16, 04:40 PM   #1631
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you look through the AOTD.DE forum there, you'll find a few threads of "contention and discord" among some of the members. Using Google, one loses some in the translation, and I can seldom tell if someone has apologized and all is well, or if there is still a problem, but that was one of the ships imported from elsewhere that was complained about (if I'm remembering correctly again). The couple posts I saw, it having been a case of not knowing the original source of the files, and not having gotten permission from the original author. I can't see why that one was left out. Maybe it's just a different skin on another ship?
So, there were a few other reasons why FOTRSU v2.0 didn't make to a full English version. The only reason we heard was that Madmax lost his job late in life and didn't have to time to mod any more. It sounds like a few skeletons in the closet were being rattled also. Oh well, hopefully we can make up for it with FOTRSU.

I've always had a suspicion that some of the ships in FOTRS came from SH3, but that's just a wild guess on my part.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote