Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-23-16, 08:51 AM   #1502
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Say, I have another question about AI (very "artificial")... during my last encounter, I did manage to get off all 10 tubes to various points on the compass as I dove, and managed like 6 out of 10 hits - couldn't hardly miss at such close range. Definitely too close of a range, and I had four of 6 as "duds", but that's to be expected being in so close. However, if I'm a DD skipper, and I've got two fish that have punched holes in my side, I don't think I'd hang around and participate in the "hunt", especially with quite so much relish and vigor, worrying that I might accidentally detonate the explosive devices in the hull below the water line. I know the one DD had two of them in him, and least one on the others had one too, just don't know if it was a DD or a DE. One of the others had one in it, but it went down anyway because of a detonation in his mid-ship section... I have no idea how many, if any, others went with me, since I 'died' too quickly... - but I do know that the one with two duds stuck in his side participated in the depth charging, 'cause I watched his sonar trail from the chart screen. Didn't seem to be any worry in the world for him... Looked like a wagon wheel on top of me. - but only for about 15-20 minutes... my how time flies when you're having fun

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote