View Single Post
Old 08-20-16, 12:39 PM   #79
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBaron View Post
I'll release an updated version where you can select the year as well.
This is very good

Quote:
So for example in a file like this:
Which parts come as message? I'm guessing some are for description and others show up during game-play, right? Do they show up once the player reaches an area and finishes the time of patrol? What do the endings ...4A ...80R1 ...80R2 mean?
Code:
[Text]
MissionTitle=Patrol the specified area AM2258
MissionBriefing=Patrol the specified area AM2258
Patrol the designated area=Patrol area assigned. Reach the area AM2258 and start operations. Attack any enemy contact
Reposition and patrol the designated area=Reposition and continue patrol operations AE8868
Patrol the specified area=Reposition and continue operations AM2296 
Fail4A=Combat  task accomplished. In the presence of torpedoes, conduct free  anti-shipping operations, otherwise return to base. BdU
Info80R1=Patrol AM2258 zone radius 120 km. Time of patrol 24 hours. BdU
Info80R2=Reposition. Patrol AE8868 zone radius 120 km. Time of patrol 24 hours. BdU
Info80R3=Reposition. Patrol AM2296 zone radius 120 km. Time of patrol 24 hours. BdU 
Green - Initial orders content and headlines for order taken in base. Should not be encrypted.
Blue - Hedlines for oders received in patrol should be titled like "New orders", should not be encripted.
Yellow - Combat instructions received in patrol, should be encrypted.

Only content after "=" mark should be edited and NOT before it...

Quote:
My thought was to create a program to read all the "info...=" in the .tsr files, change numbers and punctuation, and encrypt all at once since these are pretty short. Maybe we can make a package with all these encrypted messages, to give the player options.
And this would be even better!

Quote:
Another thing, some of the .tsr files like infiltrate, intercept, etc. don't seem to have the same structure. Do they still "send" in game messages?
Missions like harbors photo reconnaissance and spy infiltration should not be touched because we should assume that orders like that would be taken in home base. Only grid patrol and intercept convoy/TF missions are of interest.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote