Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-19-16, 11:23 AM   #1390
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

I may ramble somewhat in this post because I'm thinking out loud.

Is the Names.cfg in the Roster Folder a master list of all the ships in FOTRSU? Some of the merchantships in the game are not on that list and they still seem to function properly. Like I've mentioned many times my knowledge of modding is next to nill. I'm starting to learn some things working with all you smart guys though.

Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that while this ship naming project has merit in reality it's not practical. It's going to double the amount of ships ingame and there's no guarantee that the correct Japanese named ships will be used all the time. I think what I'm going to do is just name the ships listed in Names.cfg with the Japanese Maru names and make this a separate mod that will installed with the JSGME. If you want to use it and live with the occasional other nationality ships being named with a Japanese Maru than so be it.

Edit: I should mention that the Japanese Maru mod will not only have the ship name changes but also corrected tonnages for the Marus named in JSGME form.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 08-19-16 at 01:00 PM.
cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote