Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-10-16, 07:31 AM   #1155
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

I still can't figure out why I can't get the Museum to run on my bigger computer, yet it runs on the little dual-core with one fourth the memory... Oh well. computers. In the meantime, after much head scratching, re-doing mods, while still having graphic issues, and just about giving up and re-installing the game, I finally figured out what's wrong with my big computer... In an effort to get the Museum to run on this computer, I had set ALL graphics settings to the lowest they had ('cept Gamma, of course). This included the "Texture Quality High" check box. When a person clicks on the "Low", "Medium", "High" or "Custom" graphics drop-down, that does not change the "Texture Quality High" state. The user has to click on it. Presto magico, and I now have "normal" looking smoke once again. I'll figure this stuff out eventually...

In the meantime james_nix, according to a couple of sources:

"Although all hospital ships were marked clearly and carried no armament, they were attacked in some instances."

All sides were guilty of attacks, some accidental, some purposeful, but the hospital ships weren't supposed to be armed, and could be boarded at any time by any belligerent for inspection - "What? Me ~cheat~? Why, that's *preposterous* sir!"...

@ max-peck: you sir, are a dynamo! I was just admiring your v5 dazzle, as I was putting holes in a few merchants... Good stuff. I really like some of those little touches, like the tarps, or ventilation horns that are a contrasting color, such as red. Cool beans.

@ cdrsubron7: any "advice" on the AI levels versus Single Mission "crew efficiency" (poor, competent, veteran, elite) on the specific ships? What I'm getting at is, what are we looking for, if anything? Just oddball behavior, ie: we don't want anything like PT-73, with Ensign Parker in charge, and just a bit daffy? We don't want 'em completely just wandering off?... I'm going to make me an SM with 4 or more DDs, each set to a different level, and see how they respond to a "cavitating" submarine at various depths... maybe even pop up top on a couple rounds... - this AI stuff also involves the Merchant fleets, correct? Since you're into the sim.cfg file, that effects airplanes too, correct... I hates mee aeroplanes-ez and destroyers-ez...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote