View Single Post
Old 07-19-16, 03:25 PM   #779
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
I'm not familiar with what the SH3 modders have done with the exe there. But I'm not in favor of doing something just because we might not get called on it. I think we should do right because it's the right thing to do.
Hi RR

I have played SH3 with HSIES patch, that changes the executable to change things such as O2 usage, torpedo reloading times, repair times, range estimations, periscopes, external top reload times and many many more things

If only out of interest I suggest you read the first post here to see what HSIE managed to accomplish
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225

As I understand it, and as HSIE says in his thread, he cannot release a modified version of the executable.
However, what he has done, is release the Patch Kit to allow us to modify our own executables
This does not break the EULA (I think? Neal lets HSIE host his patch kit on SUBSIM?)

I am sure if it did Neal would have shut HSIES thread down six years ago

As to how relevant this is to us?
Probably not very much - unless we have the following

Someone with the time and inclination and skill to look into the code and figure out how to change the things we want
An indication from UBI that we are not breaking the EULA
Someone who can then make a patch kit to do these things
Permission from Neal to then host it here

EDIT
In summary - if you think you have someone on the team who can make a patch kit rather that modify the exe, try talking to Neal and see if this is a feasible idea

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon

Last edited by max-peck; 07-19-16 at 03:33 PM.
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote