View Single Post
Old 06-27-16, 05:30 PM   #1
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
Exclamation Technical Help needed - SH4 vs Windows 10

I have built a brand-new computer (Windows 10 OS, more specs below). When attempting to install "Silent Hunter IV" v1.0, I am getting a requestor that states: "Required Security Module cannot be executed (8016)". NOTE: It doesn't say WHICH Security Module won't execute or WHY.

Allow me to further explain the messages I am getting, and the troubleshooting steps I have taken to install this program.

I am trying to install the game "Silent Hunter IV" v1.0 (which ran great on my Windows XP SP3 computer). This game was downloaded from Direct2Drive, and includes all of the updates (v1.3, v1.4, v1.5 [U-Boat Add-on]). I haven't been able to install the updates as yet because of this problem. Also, I haven't been able to enter my "Key" since it stalls too soon. As soon as the installer finishes, and I click on 'Finish' that message pops up. I did click on the link to 'Securom', and got:
"Intel has resolved an issue related to game failing to launch with game error code 8016 on systems with "Skylake" CPUs:
* 6th Gen Intel Core Processors
Contact system provider or motherboard manufacture to insure the proper BIOS update is installed. For further support contact:
http://www.intel/ip/en_us/support/contactsupport
" . (Can't find DNS - Thanks a heap for the BAD link and no good info about the problem ). If Intel has resolved the issue, WHAT WAS THE RESOLUTION so I can fix it?

NOTE: As mentioned, this is a brand-new computer, so the first thing I did when I got it up and running was to update the motherboard and Intel Drivers. Drivers are up to date as of 6/15/2016.

Hmmm. I may have found the solution (for some folks). After pecking around the different links, I came to the conclusion that there may be an updated driver, and one that will work for my CPU. Here's the easy way to check and/or solve this problem:

GOTO Control Panel/Device Manager/Display Driver, then click on the 'Update Driver' and let the machine 'Search' for a new driver.
One for my CPU was found and needed updating (New Driver = 20.19.15.4444 4/22/2016). Downloaded and installed new driver, then restarted computer as instructed. Did not help with problem - got same message and Error 8016 again.

Uninstalled "Silent Hunter IV", then ran "CCleaner" to eliminate any reference to the program in the registry. Restarted computer.
Did 'Clean' install of "Silent Hunter IV". Still getting the same complaint about a "Required Security Module (8016)"

I've seen this very same problem several other times on the Microsoft Community (with other games), but nothing since last February, and no good resolution. I'll add that I've been able to install many other games, some as old as "Civilization II" and "Dungeon Keeper II" and "Zeus/Poseidon" and others much newer like; "Stronghold" series, and "Anno" series. I've noticed that the newer the game and video intensive it is, the less hassle I get installing. A few of the older games were difficult to install and get running, but none of them gave me an "Error 8016", and eventually installed and ran OK. "Silent Hunter IV" is the last to get installed, and I have run out of ideas on how to do it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My System:
Intel Core i3-6100 @3.7 GHz with Intel HD 530 Graphics on an ASRock H170 Fatal1ty Motherboard.
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586)
Memory: 16384MB RAM, Available OS Memory: 16054MB RAM (16Gb +/-)
DirectX Version: 12, DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device, Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&SUBSYS_19121849&REV_06
Display Memory: 8154 MB, Dedicated Memory: 128 MB, Shared Memory: 8026 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitor, Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd 12umd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32,igd 12umd32
Driver File Version: 20.19.0015.4444 (English), Driver Version: 20.19.15.4444, Driver Date/Size: 4/22/2016 12:00:00 AM, 39857152 bytes
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated