View Single Post
Old 06-20-16, 06:09 PM   #1798
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
Wow I really like all two paintings but can you make a white and black version?
and an other thing, I know that the u-boat had one anchor, but you model have made two anchors
I guess I could make a black and white one. But do you know if they were historically painted black and white? I know some WWII U-Boats that fought the Arctic convoys in 1942 had white conning towers (to fool cargo ships and look like icebergs at long range). But I don't know if it was done in WWI.

I guess it could have been done, since there were Arctic convoys to Russia in WWI too (until Russia was beaten). White would definitely help a submarine blend in with the ice pack, but if you have pictures of any white U-Boats that would be great! Just so everything looks historical, instead of a guess by me.

I will be trying a Mediterranean skin with "Leopard" spots that is historical (was applied to U-21 in 1915 or 1916, around the time she sank two British battleships). It's a very beautiful skin...makes the U-Boat look like a wild animal. lol. I will try to post a photo of it later.

Also, late war skin options in the menu will have a paint scheme without the red waterline paint.....I think the Navy got rid of red waterlines by about 1917 or 1918, because it was too visible. Most models of late WWI subs have dark green or blue waterlines.

More interesting options for the player!

Thanks for the anchor comment - I will get rid of one anchor indentation in the hull.

And yes, the low resolution deck will be swapped out for a better texture, probably from SH4 or SH5 skins.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote