View Single Post
Old 06-20-16, 03:15 PM   #247
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Yea, I know what Rabid Wolverine is talking about...
I wish this "text" stuff could better communicate my tongue in cheekiness... tic - I saw the download myself, and thought the same thing... "ah, if only..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
... The "We het her, we hit her!! Shhhh!!" sound is located in the \data\sound\speech\1\torpedo_impact.ogg. The same file exists also in the other speech folders (1 to 9). Changing this file to something else, will terminate the crew's raving...
Thanks. I've been going through each folder individually and "looking", which ain't easy, as you all know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Regarding the sounds. Less is more... I've found having too long a .wav file will create problems ...
Bingo. When I did my "mixing" of the sounds for this iteration of "The Creaks", the file lengths match, to the sample level, exactly how long the vanilla versions' are. It looks like a good portion of files are like that, especially the "torpedo hit". I'm wondering, if for the explosions encountered in v2, if that's why they "cut-off", because of their length, or because of editing. I'll be into that area shortly... So, this is "emulated", not "simulated"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
FOTRS Ultimate v.01Alpha is up for experimentation for all in the dev group! See my previous post for details. No 2.0 ships are imported yet.
Almost there... almost there... Downloaded!!! "Yeah! we Got her! we Got her!... Sorry, can't help me-self sometimes... How big is the beast, anyway?...

I do want everyone's input, including those not testing, as to what they like and/or don't like about particular sounds and sound mods. I like some things from "stock", some things from TMO, some things from FOTRS, etc., so I know what I want to include. But I'd like other folks' opinions. Big thing - I'm not Navy, nor do I play one on TV, only on my computer "simulator" (oh, and I have not stayed at Holiday Inn Express lately)... Therefore, I do NOT know proper vernacular / vocabulary (other than the blue streak variety) or procedures of a Navy boat or ship (or shore installation). It'd be nice to know what to throw in the can, what to include.

I do know from my dad (WWII & Korean "conflict" 3rd Fleet Navy SeaBee vet - Can Do!) that there are times when a command would be repeated 2 and 3 times. The commander would give the order, the 2nd would repeat it. The "doer" (enlisted man) would repeat it. Then there'd be the "confirmation" come back, and oftentimes, all 3 fellows are in the same compartment, standing right by each other. Throw in a speed tele, and now you've got the engine room personnel in on the repeats... "Yo! Pete! One third ahead!" Done. "Copy that!" "Out!"
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote