View Single Post
Old 05-23-16, 08:05 AM   #5185
Micksp
Sailor man

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcall View Post
So I reinstalled WOS as about half way through Happy Times I could not get out of Lorient/Brest area without CTDs. Tried various times on minor time compression without luck. Also tried restoring the bunker save at Lorient and choosing new mission but each time i reached about 100 KM from Lorient on way to Atlantic I had a CTD. No error messages. I was experiencing this once in a while before usually when returning to port or approaching enemy ports on patrol. But usually in those cases a reloading a save fixed the problem.

I am aware of the need to use low time compression near ports/land.

So I am wondering if there are some settings I can use or any other mods I can load after WOS which might limit the amount of CTDs? I only have 4 gig RAM so could that be a problem?

Any advice much appreciated as with this many CTDs it is becoming almost unplayable.
Because I'm not an expert in SH5, I'll share my own opinion based on my own experience:
I have Win 7 Ultimate Pro OS, CPU- AMD Athlon X4 5350 /2.05GHz/ 2MB Cache/ AM1, GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 705-DDR III 2 GB, RAM-DDR III-8 GB, HDD 2 TB. I'm playng the SH5-TWOS Upd 12 from two months without any CTD. The game runs very light and stable. In comparison, in the past I've tried it whith 4 GB RAM and it was baad.
In other hand, it is always recommended to use as lower TC as possible near ports and shore, also potential action zones. It is a good idea to load your last save, then quit without new save and reload the same.
Micksp is offline   Reply With Quote