View Single Post
Old 04-29-16, 06:50 PM   #1761
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beery View Post
Thanks. I'm glad to see so many people remember. It has been a while.

I'm glad to see people still making mods. I can't wait to see how Wolves of the Kaiser turns out. WW1 is my favorite time period to study, but I never thought I'd see a WW1 U-boat simulation.
There's always a place at the table for you! I have hours & hours of memories, chasing down RE-8's etc in RB3d - you and the old guard for that Red Baron truly worked wonders! And then there's your work for SH3!

By the way, I am sure the red color of the G6 torpedo nose was added after the war, for drama...it would have been terrible for camoflage. I do have confirmation (from a WWI Merchant Navy captain's account) that the older, smaller calibre torpedoes were golden bronze in color. I assume most G6's and later would have been a grey metallic color overall but cannot confirm.

More weather shots showing better foam...I might tone down the green color of some sea states.

And yes, I remember the complaints about submarine rust - I assure you guys this will not be the only version available for U-87 type subs. Also the WWII-era periscope radar has already been removed from the conning tower.

I don't like the stock SH5 funnel smoke (currently installed on my development SH4 install - here is an alternate by another modder (AIL?) as an interim solution...the final version of coal funnel smoke will be like this but without incorporating his work.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote