View Single Post
Old 04-27-16, 06:54 AM   #1716
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Good point on not disclosing Hillary's budget. I suspect Hillary will win NY. She carpetbagged here way there after Bills tenure as President. Wall Street does not want to see Bernie. Bernie has not be shy advising Wall Street and big banks he castrate them.
Interestingly, as a general conservative, I think that no financial institution should be allowed to grow to more than 1% of the size of the economy. Anything larger warps the economy and controls the government too much.

Look at the 2007-2008 bailouts. The people hurting were the public. The bailout law was passed to bail out individuals. But the power of the overgrown financial institutions caused the bailout money to go to the monster mega-banks. Now they are still sitting there with the money, having no incentive whatever to help out the people in trouble from the giant cluster headache of 2007.

They sorely need to be busted up. If it was necessary for ATT, a tiny thing compared to the monster banks, then they deserve it ten times more.

But money buys influence: something the "tax the rich" people don't seem to realize. The more you pay the government the more influence you have. We need EVERYBODY to pay taxes so everybody has a voice. There IS NO representation without taxation. Voting to keep 47% of the public from paying federal income tax is disenfranchizing 47% of the public.

Will any politician say these things? No. Will people jump down my throat for parroting radicals? Yes. Ain't life grand?