View Single Post
Old 01-30-16, 01:29 PM   #3825
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

I wasn't satisfied with some of mine settings/tweaks from v1.05 so I'm uploading quick No. 03 update.

Also, I've noticed that number of main mod downloads is approximately 2x times larger than number of update downloads which indicates to me that many players are not aware of TWoS regular updates. Please, spred the word about the updates and make sure to periodically check SH5 megamod download section. Link for download can also be found in my signature...

The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 01/02/03 changelog:

Snapshot changes:
- Remark: Since TWoS v1.05 "Carriers/Airbases launch aircraft when contact detected" patches are disabled by default because of suspicion that these are responsible for planes overspawn bug which can corrupt game saving function. However, this may not be true so If you wish, you can manually enable these patches at your discretion and report any findings in TWoS home thread. Note that "Carriers/Airbases launch aircraft" related patches can be found in two sections of TDW Generic Patcher application (sh5 and shsim).

Other tweaks:
- No funny looking bandages on wounded crew. Instead, when injured, crew icon will turn red...
- Few tuning tweaks in Sim.cfg and Airstrike.cfg files.
- Maximum displayed gameplay realism percentage for "Non-RealNav" players or for those who use optional "Wind & Smoke" addon is tuned up to 70%. This should also affect renown bonuses...
- Tweaked renown values for merchants: Tankers and large troop transport ships are now significantly more valued than regular cargo ships.
- Compatibility tweaks for "A Fistful of Emblems v1.51" mod
- Stock IRAI 0.0.41 settings in Airstrikes.cfg file. It seems that my tweaks were causing unrealistically high number of airplanes spawned in players area even without player detection/radio message interception.
- Stock IRAI 0.0.41 sensors dificulty settings in Init.aix file. If you wish you can experiment with alternate settings.
- Few tweaks in rec.manual, ship pictures.
- New paint variation for Medium Composite Merchant.

Added mods:
- SH5_No Funny Bandages
- A Fistful of Emblems v1.51_TWoS Compatible
- A Fistful of Emblems v1.51 (Weathered)_TWoS Compatible

Removed mods:
-

Installation:
1. Extract content of the archive into your "Silent Hunter 5/MODS" folder.
2. Start JSGME and enable the update with JSGME after the main TWoS 1.05 mod, activated mods list should look like this:

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 03
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith
*(optional mod)
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch *(optional mod)

* This update is cumulative which means that it contains changes from all previous patches. You can remove previous updates.
* Enable the update anytime (in port or in patrol) with your JSGME and continue campaign.

Last edited by vdr1981; 01-30-16 at 01:38 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote