View Single Post
Old 12-10-15, 08:47 PM   #3345
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Well, apparently not enough, the bug can be observed without radio patches enabled, I've just checked that...

Quote:
You can sail right trough it...The bunker is collidable though...
Yep, I can confirm, just tested that, and it seems I had been too optimist. Tomorrow I will try making the new platforms collisionable, though it might be impossibe while keeping gun functionality unaltered

Quote:
Why?! Ask Ubi...
Seriously, more units/objects in small area, more CTD possibility...Simple as that... Add few airplanes there and ctd is almost guarantied...
Once air raids on ports were a serious problem, but as you probably remember the problem was coming from FX Updates debris, not from stock game, as Rongel demonstreted with his fix. Similarly, most of the units/objects we are placing around ports are imported straight away from SHIII-IV. You can't imagine how much redundant/obsolete data I see every time I open one of the imported dat files, including your recently imported ships

I am optimist that converting them to granny objects/optimizing them for use in SHV (with dds compressed texture, LOD models, subdued effects, more recent controller versions, etc.) will obviate problems, at least in part.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote