View Single Post
Old 12-10-15, 07:54 PM   #3341
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
It seems that when you've been spotted and nearby unit is called, the called unit will quickly set course in your direction with flank speed.
All will look fine until units gets few km from your position (or maybe from coastline, I dont know), and then it will simply stop, dead in the water...And that's it ...

Something like this is also happening in the campaign too... You get near Skapa, something spots you, and all moving active units gets stuck.

Now, this issue is probably due to coast proximity, because from what I know, radio function works really good at open seas.

Why our previous "sea unit" bunkers would stuck when they lost contact and not now when they are "land units"?
Because land unit can only "call" other sea units and not nearby bunkers...

There's also one more difference between bunker behaviors now and while they were "sea unit".
Befeore, if one bunker starts to engage me, the other nearby bunkers will do the same, even if they dont detect me directly with visual sensors.
Now, sub is engaged only from units/bunkers which can detect you...

To shorten this long story, the "radio fiction" is most likely responsible for the ugliest bug in SH5 IMO...
Makes sense.
I didn't notice any of the differences between "sea" and "land" coastal defenses that you are pointing to, because during my tests the radio patch was disabled.

In my opinion the radio patch is too cool for simply giving it up. Until (hopefully) TDW is back to fix it, a possible workaround is placing more blockships, more sub nets, more mines, more reworked coastal defenses and more airbases near major ports.

On a side note: one of TDW's patches (the one making sunk ships not to disappear under the sea bottom), might interfere with the reworked coastal defenses; more exactly with the "equipment" platforms.

EDIT: IF NOT, we have found a way to fix the problem of sub nets sticking out of the water surface when they hit the sea bottom and the said patch is enabled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
To test this you can add one destroyer 10-15km away in our CD test mission and observe what will happen...I'm eager to hear your conclusions...
Will do

Last edited by gap; 12-10-15 at 08:08 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote