View Single Post
Old 12-10-15, 12:54 PM   #3332
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Tested again. Night time. Surfaced the boat at flank speed. This time all of the three bunkers in range attacked me. Ordered periscope depth and full stop. Waited a little more than one hour (1h and 15 min to be exact) at 32x, Then, I looked outside in external camera. All the bunkers had their guns stuck at maximum elevation. This reminded me of ship guns getting stuck in the same position after firing starshells; I told myself "here we are, this is the bug that Vecko was talking about". Resurfaced the boat at flank speed. Before I could check what was going on, I saw a couple of flashes on the horizon, and I was dead.

Whatever you have experienced during your tests, it is happening erratically, or I can't reproduce it on my isntallation of the game
Confirmed...I have disabled few of "suspicious" tdw patches and got pretty much the same resoults like you have described...
This may not be good in general, because I may have to get rid of some patches with all of their cool feature, like radio patches or units visual sensors vary with available light ecs (these are some of the patches that I've disabled...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Have you already seen them in game?

Please check in the Library folder all the platform models I have created so far. There should be 10 of the IIRC, though in the test mission you can only see one of them. If you don't have other higher priority requests, I think I will finish the shore-shaped platform now
Looking awesome, just few more requests please...
Bunker's "floor" texture is flickering when looked from the distance and it looks kind of ugly (check pic). The reason for this bunkers "low" placement on it's platform. If you elevate the bunker (or lower the platforms node/bone) slightly, the problem will be solved...Just slightly, 1m or so...

Also, It would be nice if bunker could be moved more toward the outer edge of the platform. There's to much empty space now and also this would give me few extra meters to ensure land proximity requirement...

EDIT:
The platforms are perfect!

Last edited by vdr1981; 12-10-15 at 01:01 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote