View Single Post
Old 12-05-15, 01:27 PM   #3281
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
OK , I was talking about bunker textures...
Oh, talking about bunker, sandbags and and boxes I was asking if the new lower resolution textures look decent. For reference, I have put the original resolution textures in a separate folder which can be enabled as a mod through JSGME.

Quote:
I agree that could look very nice and cool but dont forget that sometimes bunker will have to be placed more than 100m from the coast in order to make it functional. If you could come up with such generic coastal shape which could "fit" nicely if bunker is placed 50 or 150m (or more) of the shore, that would be truly excellent...
But if not, you are risking to invest a lot of hard work in something which will look strange and you may not like it...
It is just a matter of sizes. Creating a 150 m-long, more or less flat surface, sloping under the sea level towards its ends, and then mapping a sand texture on top of it shouldn't pose big problems

Quote:
In my opinion, the best solution would be some kind of generic concrete platform extended at one end so I could use it regardless of bunker distance.
I'm still struggling to come up with what would that shape look alike though, but I'm pretty much sure that it will look like last platform which I was asking from you...
Either shape (V or U) should work. Again, it is just a matter of sizes. That's why I asked you if you ad any special size in mind. Anyway, both the V-shaped platform (that you already have on your HD) and the U-shaped one (that I am still workin on), are 450m-long on their long axis. Much longer than you actually need.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote