gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Ancora niente Gap ?
Maybe model without sandbags?
Sorry for my usual delay Vecko, I suck at estimating release dates and at meeting deadlines

After reducing the polygonal resolution of my sandbag model, I further reduced its polygon count by removing the inner and lower faces that would have been occluded by other polygons in game. This was a time consuming process, as I know no method to do it automatically. Moreover, every time I imported the model, I discovered the stock GR2 file I had used as template had some type of unknown data format not supported by GR2 editor. I lost my work more than three times ...but I don't complain, because I gained a lot of experience (pity TDW is not around, I have a lot of exception reports for him).

Anyway, now all the models are game ready. I just need to set some controllers/cfg files. Wait for updates by me later today

PS: should we model any damage for bunker, sandbags and ammo boxes? I could set some new zone definitions for them, something not too complicated:

bunker - damage mesh/boxes only above the waterline (to avoid it being subject to torpedo hits), huge Armor Level/HP values (it should only be affected by some heavy airdropped bombs), not destructible (the model shouldn't disappear after its HP are zeroed), no floatability (the model shouldn't sink), fire effect triggered when nearly destroyed. Basicly the bunker should work as a "damage absorber", shielding the gun within it.

sandbags - same zone definition as the bunker (it should actually work as a shield for the gun and ammo boxes behind it).

ammo boxes - reasonably low AP/HP values, high multiplier, cargo type: ammo (I think one of the existing zone definition might be used on these).

Last edited by gap; 11-30-15 at 07:21 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote