Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Floating-Working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Looking very nice Gap.
It would be nice if you could use standard crew (from merchants and warships) instead of U-boat/bunker/lifeboats characters, they cause to much lag and I'm a bit afraid of potential instabilities( had to remove TDW AI sub crew because of this )
Okay. Characters have the lowest priority though, I will add them when everything else is game-ready

Sandbag stacks are my biggest concern right now. As I told you I have a nice model, but I need to reduce its polygon count to a large extent. By the way, sandbags will encircle the bunker "window", where the artillery piece is placed.

Also note that I am moving the searchlight bone from the roof to the "first floor" of the bunker, where it will stand by the side of the gun. Though more functional, the position you had chosen for it looked a bit unrealistic, as it would have left the reflector totally exposed to attacks from the top and from the sides. Even so, I don't think gunnery bunkers were equipped with searchlights. For sure the Regelbau type M262 gun-director/observation bunker was fitted with one, together with range-finding equipment and light Flak guns. In Normandy, M262 and M272 bunkers were grouped together in a proportion 1:4 (check this lik for more details). If you like the idea, when we finish our work on the M272 we can model the M262 just as well.

Last edited by gap; 11-26-15 at 07:58 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote