View Single Post
Old 11-24-15, 02:25 AM   #3145
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

Wow. I've been gone for quite some time, forgot how much I enjoyed this game back in the day and I'm so glad to see so many of the Old Guard still around, not to mention all of the new faces who've joined us since then (welcome to all!!!), and I know that I'm rusty when it comes to my elite Kaleun skills, don't even get me started on how rusty or you'll be laughing yourselves to death.

Anyway. I just want to start out by thanking everybody who's had a part in this MegaMod. It made it so much easier for me to "jump back in." Actually, it made it possible for me to jump back in, because I wasn't about to spend the months of tweaking of my mod soup that I did back then to make it all work again. I just couldn't have. But you guys made a package of just about every single one of my favorite mods from back then with quite a few new ones too and made it dead easy to install. I can't thank you enough.

As I said years ago: Without modding, Silent Hunter V would have been the worst fiasco in gaming history. With modding, it's become the ultimate U-Boat simulator.

Sure, I've had to do some tweaking, for instance I don't like the default SH3 interface but that wasn't too hard to fix once my memory got jogged enough to remember how I used TDW's second to none options modifier and I had to throw in a few of my old personal tweaks as well, but as a packaged standard solution, this is one HECK of a job!

One question, though: Am I really supposed to be going 9 kts on ahead third in a VIIA??? I mean, it's not that I don't like it, I can pretty much circumnavigate the world three times on a tank of gas that way, but I'm beginning to think that I did something wrong here. I mean, my boat is going 7 kts on Ahead Slow. That used to be a pretty good speed for me.

Last edited by misha1967; 11-24-15 at 03:19 AM.
misha1967 is offline   Reply With Quote