View Single Post
Old 11-10-15, 05:18 PM   #3081
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
If coupled with your RSD, I don't think SH5 aircraft are much worse than real WWII aircraft. U-boats were small targets, and most attacks ended with a miss. There are even reports of planes having to fly so low (in order to increase the probability of hitting their target) that they ended crashing into the water or damaging themselves with the detonation of their own bombs. We rarely take this sort of odd accidents when judging AI, but we must admit that SH5 simulates them pretty well. In any case our metal cylinder is too fragile for us to try our luck, which in general is exactly the main factor that real ASW was based on.
It seems to me that you havent played SH5 for some time...
They are quite incompetent, trust me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I tell you my idea: a sea unit shaped as a squared or circular platform, with a number of equipment bones/nodes used for the linking of artillery guns through eqp file. Collisionable object controller added to the new unit, with collision spheres all around it but not damage boxes, so that other units can collide with it (would be weird seeing other ships to sail though our piers), but the platform itself won't take damage from collision/enemy fire. Guns on top of the platform will have both spheres and boxes though, so to make them subject to bombs/big guns damage. Pier connecting the platform to the shore optional, to be stored in another file in the library folder and linked to the main unit through eqp file. The pier should only have collision spheres near its top, except for its distal end (where it is supposed to connect with land) which will have no spheres at all. Would it work?
As long as the unit/ship which will act like coastal gun is not closer than something like 50-60 m to the shoreline, it may work...

But first(PLEASE ) can you give me simple round GR2/dat object with radius of 70m? Without any nodes , bones ect ... Just the object without any sim, zon or eqp files...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote