View Single Post
Old 10-11-15, 01:55 PM   #1594
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Well yeah, The right to bear arms (own a gun) is one of the core principles of our constitution. If the gun control crowd wants to limit gun ownership for U.S citizens, then they need to look at amending the constitution.

What exactly is your point? You're trying to get me to compare the response to an act of war by foreigners against a sovereign nation to my response of asinine individuals doing egregious shootings with guns. Thats like comparing hurricanes to earthquakes, both are natural disasters, but preparation for, and response to each are different.

you get a thumbs down for the logical fallacy in your question.
I just find it hard to accept a school shooting as 'one of those things', like it's a fact of life. We don't accept terror attacks as a part of life but as an act of war, so why should we accept crazed shootings as part of life?
When a plane crashes, people don't just shrug and say "Well, it happens." there's an investigation and if something in the design of the aircraft is found to be faulty then it's fixed. When a Hurricane strikes or an earthquake hits, people find ways to improve the survivability of infrastructure in that region, they don't just shrug and say "Well, what can you do, it's nature."
How many lives has the seat belt saved since its invention? The air bag? Crumple zones? If we had the same attitude towards vehicle safety as seems to prevail towards firearms then none of those would have been created because a certain number of deaths in vehicle accidents would have been acceptable.
We constantly try to make life safer, if not for us then for our children...sure, sometimes people go too far with it, but other times they do things which do save lives and improve the quality of life for others.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote