FenrirOE
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
A whole bunch of words and ****
Deleted both my installs, and pulled it down from steam again. Grabbed a new copy of S3F as well, and ran that before anything else to create a 'moddable' copy on c:.

S3F still seemed to shut down when trying to H.sie the new moddable folder, then I remembered to go verify that the read-only tag was off on the folder. Hit that toggle and tried H.sie again via S3F which seemed to run (even though every time I check the folder appears to have the read-only tag applied still, no matter how many times I toggle it).

The only observed change in the S3F entry was the size incremented by 0.01gb- it still read STEAM/STOCK 1.4b. Tried running it and got Application load error 2:0000065558. Tried running it directly from the exe, same error. Applied the 4gb patch from S3F, no change.

Then I tried the H.sie patch on the original steam directory- still no observed change other than the size- but it didn't quietly close itself out. Tried launching and it worked. Backed out and applied the 4gb patch, and it continued to work.

At this point I'm assuming H.sie was applied because I don't know what changes I would look for to know that it is there- but the size incremented after pushing the button, and S3F didn't just disappear on me.

Next up I'm gonna try to wipe out my moddable copy again and use S3F to create another copy of the theoretically updated functional steam install, and try that out. (I'd prefer to do further modding first in a secondary control install.)

After that I'm gonna try grabbing the GWX packages and see if I can get those in place.

That aside, I see there are various resolution updates, but they're fairly traditional resolutions- is there anything out there to update for trimonitor setups? (5932x1080 for example)
FenrirOE is offline   Reply With Quote