View Single Post
Old 06-13-15, 09:04 AM   #2006
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I never managed understanding how TDW's wind speed patch is interacts with the rest of SH5's weather setting.

I once asked TDW for clarifications, but I never received an answer to my doubts.
I'll try to describe what will happen with the game when 60m/s patch is enabled...

The game will randomly shift wind speeds between 0 and 60 m/s, pretty much the same like before between 0 and 15m/s. So, if you use stock separameters.cfg file you will always look in 15m/s waves because most of the time game will give you something like 20,35,48 ect m/s winds...

Someone will say "great, we only have to set waves parameters in their cfg file to match 60 m/s hurricane winds" ...Wrong, because it just cant be done. If you try to set waves to higher and more extreme than what we have now with stock 15m/s waves, it will just look ridiculous and unrealistic and our sub will act really funny...

Basically, TDW gave us tool to increase wind speed but it is not possible to set corresponding waves for resoulting wind speeds...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote