Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

29th May 1915

Western Front

French take Ablain (Souchez).

Eastern Front

Russian counter-offensive forces Austrians to retreat in east Galicia.

Southern Front

Dardanelles: Turkish success at Gaba Tepe.

Ottoman Empire go on the defensive in the Caucasus and begins moving troops from Syria to reinforce Gallipoli.

Italians occupy Valona.

Naval and Overseas Operations

Germany advises neutral ships to have proper lighting during nighttime so that they are not mistakenly targeted by submarines.

Anglo-French take Njok (Cameroons).

Admiral Albert W. Grant is put in charge of all U.S. submarines of the Atlantic fleet to reorganize the force.

Political, etc.

Dr. Braga elected President of Portugal.

Ottoman Minister of the Interior states the Empire will not declare war against Italy, but will do so if Italy aids Allies in Gallipoli.

President Poincare of France promises the National Anti-Alcoholic League that he will abstain from alcohol during and after the war.

Ship Losses:

Condor ( United Kingdom): The trawler struck a mine and sank in the North Sea 30 nautical miles (56 km) north east of Scarborough, Yorkshire with the loss of all nine of her crew.
Cysne ( Portugal): The coaster was sunk in the Atlantic Ocean 50 nautical miles (93 km) north west of Ouessant, Finistère, France by SM U-41 ( Kaiserliche Marine).
Dixiana ( United Kingdom): The cargo ship was torpedoed and sunk in the Atlantic Ocean 40 nautical miles (74 km) north of Ouessant by SM U-41 ( Kaiserliche Marine). Her crew survived.
Glenlee ( United Kingdom): The cargo ship was torpedoed and sunk in the Atlantic Ocean 67 nautical miles (124 km) south south west of the Wolf Rock, Cornwall by SM U-41 ( Kaiserliche Marine). Her crew survived.
Merion ( United Kingdom): The ocean liner was torpedoed and damaged in the Mediterranean Sea by UB-8 ( Kaiserliche Marine). She sank on 31 May.
SMS T47 ( Kaiserliche Marine): The S43-class torpedo boat struck a mine and sank in the Baltic Sea.
SMS T51 ( Kaiserliche Marine): The S43-class torpedo boat struck a mine and sank in the Baltic Sea.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote