View Single Post
Old 04-29-15, 07:23 PM   #4
SSI01
Loader

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Thanks Sailor Steve

Oddly enough I was using Avast Anti-Virus and had some stuff still get by it, causing problems that required the machine to go to the shop a couple of times. I had payware Avast and was thoroughly disappointed to call the support hotline only to be told by someone who could hardly speak English I had to submit to remote access while they did things to my machine to try to chase and eradicate the bug. Of course, in order for this to happen it would cost around $150. It wound up being inop and had to go the local shop. End result - I had the tech completely clean the thing up and it's now working OK.

I guess basically what I'm looking for is a US-made anti-virus program that has US-based tech support. Saw an ad on TV a little while ago featuring some gentleman saying his firm was just that, but I never wrote down the contact no.

Of course, now that the gov is pushing those immigrant visas (HB-1s?), American employees are being pushed out in favor of foreigners here on work visas, so you're still likely to get one of those incomprehensible voices on the other end, even with a US-based firm. Still, I'd like to try to find one . . .
SSI01 is offline   Reply With Quote