View Single Post
Old 04-22-15, 07:39 PM   #1333
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

More modifications: changes to the stern are going well.

Brand new funnels, which are different from one another: you can see Funnel no. 1 has a small support platform,
with whistles. Funnel no. 4 has differences to the steam pipes...noticed this in one of Ken Marschall's "Lusitania" paintings.

Ventilators and deckhouses were renovated: I added struts to the interior of the cowl vents next to the bridge.

All lifeboats are destructible! Collapsibles and the spare wooden boats on the 2nd Class deckhouse are not in place.

The propeller layout has been corrected, from one prop (like the parent unit) to four, with four blades. AFAIK "Lusitania"
had her three bladed propellers removed and replaced before 1915.

Lusitania's wheelhouse and upper decks have been given railings. Using cubes with an alpha channel is
very convincing (and much easier) than adding "real" railings.

The transparent windows have been removed because they were not all that noticeable or impressive, actually.

Note the partially camouflaged skin with an alpha channel.

Added the stern name: I learned from Kenneth Layton's book "Lusitania: an Illustrated Biography" that the name was NOT painted
out on her last voyage: contrary to popular belief. The 1915 version of the model will have neither the Cunard house flag nor the
British flag...that was, indeed, one camouflage measure that WAS taken...

U-20 model I skinned....this is an older model I had given up as unsalvageable due to skinning problems,
but the process went surprisingly well. Still not sure I will use it, because it is somewhat low poly and
needs corrections. Does anyone know if the gun was in front of or behind the Conning Tower in 1915?

As for the sub list, one possibility is below:

U-9 Class
UB-I Class
U-19 Class
U-31 Class
U-51 Class
U-66 Class
U-81 Class
U-139 Class (U-Cruiser)
iambecomelife is online   Reply With Quote